Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, sweet and sour tofu. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Check Out Sweet Sour on eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color today! Heat the remaining oil in the pan over a high heat. To make the marinade, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
Sweet and Sour Tofu is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Sweet and Sour Tofu is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sweet and sour tofu using 5 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet and Sour Tofu:
- Make ready 3 tofu blocks of fresh
- Prepare 1 sauce bottle of La Choy's sweet and sour
- Take 1 tbsp ginger grated
- Make ready to taste Salt
- Take 1/2 cup water
However, most of these restaurants haven't yet tapped into the deliciousness that is a vegan-friendly sweet and sour tofu recipe. That's right; you don't need any meat to make this Chinese takeaway staple! Tofu is a fantastic substitute for the chicken or pork that you usually find in sweet and sour dishes in this recipe. Our secret ingredient is cornstarch - which makes the tofu super crispy.
Instructions to make Sweet and Sour Tofu:
- Wrap tofu in paper towel and then in a tea towel. Place a cutting board on top and heavy objects on top to squeeze out and moistute for 30 mins.
- Unwrap tofu and cut into desired size.
- Heat 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a non stick, cast iron or ceramic sauté pan.
- When hot, add in tofu on broad side.
- Fry for 5 mins on one side then flip and fry for 5 mins on the other, then turn onto sides and fry as well until evenly light brown.
- Do not over brown, the insides will dry out.
- Remove tofu from pan.
- In same pan, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil and add in ginger. Cook for a few minutes.
- Add in sweet and sour sauce, water and salt.
- Simmer until slightly thick and add in tofu.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until well coated and sticky.
- Serve ontop rice or noodles.
Tofu is a fantastic substitute for the chicken or pork that you usually find in sweet and sour dishes in this recipe. Our secret ingredient is cornstarch - which makes the tofu super crispy. Whisk the reserved pineapple juice, vinegar, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Heat tsp of olive oil in pan, then add garlic, ginger and remaining red chilli. Add blended sauce back to pan with rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, ketchup and bring to a simmer.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food sweet and sour tofu recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!