Hey everyone, it is Brad, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sweet and sour pork. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweet and sour pork is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. Sweet and sour pork is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
Don't call the takeaway - cook your own sweet & sour pork using a vibrant marinade and tinned pineapple. Swap the pork for chicken or prawns if you prefer. Season, to taste, with light soy sauce. Rustle up this popular Chinese dish of succulent pork fillet, fresh pineapple and veggies marinated in a sticky sauce.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have sweet and sour pork using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet and sour pork:
- Take 300 g kassler chops
- Get 1 onion
- Get 1 pepper
- Prepare 10 ml Maizena
- Take 1 can pineapples
- Take 3 Tablespoons Soya sauce
- Take 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Take Dash peanut oil
- Make ready Sprinkle of sesame seeds
- Take Rice for serving
- Take 20 ml Chinese five spice
Brown pork in hot oil in Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir carrots, onion, bell pepper and sweet & sour sauce into pork mixture. Add pineapple chunks; cook and stir only until. In a medium bowl, make the batter.
Instructions to make Sweet and sour pork:
- Dice 1 onion, 1 pepper and 300g kassler chops into 1cm cubes
- Add a dash of peanut oil to a pan over medium heat and add onion and pepper
- Add a can of pineapples and it’s juice
- Mix 10ml maizena into 3 tablespoons soya sauce until a paste forms and add to pan. Reduce heat and simmer
- While onion, pepper and pineapple is simmering, in a separate pan add a dash of peanut oil and cook kassler chops on high heat for 5 minutes
- Add 20ml Chinese five spice and cook for a further 5 minutes
- Add 2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, mix through and add to onion and pepper mixture. Stir through and serve on a bed of rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds
Add pineapple chunks; cook and stir only until. In a medium bowl, make the batter. Beat the egg white lightly with a fork until slightly frothy, then beat in the five-spice powder, cornflour, flour and a good grinding of pepper until thick and smooth. This Chinese Sweet and sour pork recipe is a treat! pork pieces in batter, fried twice for extra crispiness! The slightly tangy sauce, sweet tickle the taste buds.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food sweet and sour pork recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!