Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, sweet and sour spare ribs. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Sweet and sour spare ribs is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. Sweet and sour spare ribs is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
Check Out our Selection & Order Now. Free UK Delivery on Eligible Orders! Massive Selection of Personalised Gifts For Your Loved Ones. Whether You Can Be With Them Or Not - We Are Here To Help Show Your Loved Ones You Care Sweet & Sour Ribs.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook sweet and sour spare ribs using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Sweet and sour spare ribs:
- Get 750 g pork spareribs
- Prepare 600 ml groundnut or peanut oil
- Take For the marinade:
- Get 2 tbsp chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- Prepare 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Prepare 1 tbsp chinese black rice vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Prepare 1 tsp sesame oil
- Make ready Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp cornflour
- Prepare For the sauce:
- Make ready 1 tbsp chopped orange zest
- Prepare 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- Get 2 tsp chinese five spice powder
- Make ready 3 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- Make ready 25 g chinese rock sugar or brown sugar
- Prepare 3 tbsp chinese cooking wine or dry sherry
- Get 150 ml chicken stock
- Take 1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Take 85 ml chinese black rice vinegar
Pour about a cup and a half of the sauce over the ribs. Celebrate the Chinese New Year in style with a flavour-packed feast of sweet and sour ribs. Meaty ribs with a gorgeously sticky marinade, so more-ish they're sure to be a big hit with your guests! Place ribs on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan.
Instructions to make Sweet and sour spare ribs:
- Cut the spare ribs into individual ribs, and then cut into chunks about 7.5 cm long.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a bowl and steep the spareribs in marinade for about 25b minutes at room temperature. Using slotted spoon, remove the spareribs from the marinade.
- Put the orange zest together with the rest of sauce ingredients into a clean wok or medium size pot. Bring the sauce to the boil, then turn the heat down.
- Add the spareribs, cover the pan and simmer slowly for about 40 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
1. If necessary, add a little water to the sauce to prevent it from drying up. Skim off any surface fat, turn our to a serving place and serve at once.
Meaty ribs with a gorgeously sticky marinade, so more-ish they're sure to be a big hit with your guests! Place ribs on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, cornstarch, ketchup, vinegar and water until smooth. Remove ribs and rack from pan. This is a classic Sichuan dish, which is ideal as a cold starter.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food sweet and sour spare ribs recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague. Thank you for reading. Go on get cooking!